Allergy aware and nut-free bakeries and dining establishments give families living with nut allergies peace of mind that is just priceless. I’m proud to say that there are over 100 options on this list, including bakeries and restaurants in 30 US states, DC, Canada, as well as online or supermarket options. Many thanks to all of my readers who have made some really great recommendations.
Disclaimer: I have not been compensated by any of the following nut-free bakeries or restaurants. I have noted any personal connections below, all opinions are my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post was orginally published on 1/26/2015 and republished with updates on 1/2/2023.
How to Use This List of Nut-Free Bakeries
Obviously, I haven’t been to many of the following nut-free bakeries and cannot vouch for their allergen safety procedures, ingredients, taste, or value. Keep in mind that nut-free bakeries can change owners, ingredients, or recipes at any time.
And because I do not know the nature of the allergies you are avoiding, please visit their website, call and ask questions to verify safety before serving or consuming. I’ve created this list as a general resource for Nut Free Wok readers to use to begin their own research.
Keep scrolling below to see my list of nut-free bakeries in the United States and Canada as well as some mail order and retail store options. I added some new bakeries to the list, noted by *new* but that doesn’t mean they are a new business, just that they’re new to this list.
If you find a bakery that’s not on the list, I have some suggestions on how to decide for yourself on whether it’s safe or not for your family. And if you love them, please share below in the comments.
Nut-Free Bakeries in the United States
- Mesa – Intentional Foods – top 8 allergen free (including sesame-free) restaurant, bakery, and caterer!
- Little Rock – Dempsey’s Bakery Gluten, Wheat, Soy & Nut-Free
- Anaheim – Disneyland restaurants, I compiled A Teen’s Guide to Eating at Disneyland with Nut Allergies in 2017.
- Capitola – Melinda’s Gluten Free gluten and peanut-free (not tree nut-free) with dairy-free and vegan options. They will accommodate people with tree nut allergies but they do bake with tree nuts.
- Fountain Valley – Sensitive Sweets gluten, dairy, egg, soy, nut, and sesame-free. Ships nationwide
- Long Beach – Noble Bird Rotisserie, specializes in rotisserie chicken. Their menu is dairy-free, peanut-free and tree nut-free (excluding coconut). “We do source products that share facilities with ALL of the TOP 10 allergens.” They recommend checking with their chef at every visit. *new*
- Oakland & Emeryville locations- Monster Pho peanut and tree nut-free Vietnamese restaurant, read my review about our dining experience. Note that the Oakland location has moved to a nearby location, 360 40th St OAKLAND CA 94609. The Emeryille location is still open but only as a second kitchen.
- San Diego – Starry Lane Bakery new location in San Diego (they moved from Santee). Free from top 10 allergens including gluten, peanut, tree nut, egg, dairy, soy.
- San Francisco – Dandelion Chocolate Factory – ONLY the single origin chocolate bars are nut-free (not the confections made with chocolate, not the pastries, not the baking ingredients, just the chocolate bars). They aren’t intentionally an allergy friendly company, I highly recommend double checking with every order/purchase.
- San Francisco (2 locations) & multiple north bay locations – Johnny’s Donuts – nut-free donuts except for almond milk for espresso drinks (people who are highly sensitive to almonds might want to stay further away from the espresso machines).
- San Mateo – Sibby’s Cupcakery Nut-free (uses coconut). This is where I buy nut-free cupcakes for my family. Egg-free and gluten-free options are also available. I needed dairy-free cupcakes in a hurry and purchased carrot cakes and chocolate cakes without frosting, Sibby’s saved the day!
- San Francisco Bay Area & Southern California locations – Uncle Tetsu makes Japanese cheesecakes, which is a fluffy, cake-like cheesecake. They don’t use any peanut or tree nut ingredients but they don’t brand themselves as a nut-free company. They do have a black sesame flavored cheesecake (seasonal flavor).
- Centennial – The Makery Cake Company peanut and tree nut-free, owner has nut allergies. They also have an allergen chart on their website.
- Colorado Springs – Mochi Thai’m Donuts, nut-free and gluten-free donuts made from sweet rice (glutinous rice) flour. I linked to their FB page. *new*
- Colorado Springs – Sweet Elizabeth Organics, free of top 8 allergens except for coconut. Bakery items and baking mixes are available.
- Morrison – Allergy Free Baking Company – dedicated gluten-free and nut-free (except coconut) bakery with options made without dairy, egg, wheat, and/or corn.
- Fairfield – Bonkers Cupcakes – nut-free cupcakes, with gluten-free and vegan options. *new*
- Glastonbury – Dee’s One Smart Cookie gluten, tree nut, peanut, and soy-free, and non-GMO with dairy-free and egg-free options.
- Norwalk – Izzi B’s Allergen Free Bakery (website no longer works, might be closed?) – wholesale bakery, invividual orders available by appointment only; free of gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, all nuts, and casein. Check website for retail locations in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey.
- Ridgefield & Westport locations – The Cake Box – nut-free (except coconut), merged with Swoon, a gluten-free bakery and their website no longer belongs to The Cake Box (don’t search for it, trust me). Swoon’s gluten-free products will be made in a separate area on dedicated equipment.
- Wilton – The Painted Cookie – Peanut, tree nut, & sesame-free. Available online as well. Note new location in 2023 (101 Old Ridgefield Rd in Wilton Town Center).
- Windsor – Moneta Moments LLC Peanut and tree nut-free and allergen friendly
- Miami – Bunnie Cakes – vegan bakery, uses coconut only, some of their ingredients are not from dedicated nut-free facilities. Talk with them. Their home page now indicates that they are free of dairy, gluten, soy, tree nut, peanut, and kosher/parve.
- St. Pete (4 locations in FL) – HaleLife Bakery – GF and vegan bakery, free from dairy, egg, soy, peanut, and tree nut (except for coconut). *new*
- Atlanta – Cake in the Box Bakery is Atlanta’s 1st Nut-Free Bakery, 100% nut-free with some gluten-free and vegan (dairy and egg-free) options.
- Lahaina, Maui – We were able to safely dine out in Maui, the restaurants we picked were nut-free or very accommodating. See my reviews from our trip to Maui.
- Belleville – Beast Craft BBQ – They do not use any peanuts, tree nuts (including coconut), shellfish on their St. Louis style BBQ menu. Check out their “Custom Menu Planner” and be sure to talk with a manager.
- Chicago (3 locations in the area) – Frio Gelato – Argentine style gelato, very allergy friendly. *new*
- Oaklawn – Simply Sweet Creations – peanut and tree nut-free with gluten-free and vegan options.
- Warsaw – Creighton’s Crazy Egg – peanut and tree nut-free (except for coconut) with gluten-free option café & banquet venue. The coffee syrups (hazelnut, peanut butter & almond) are nut safe using a synthetic flavor. Coconut is the only coffee flavor they use.
- Louisville – Annie May’s Sweet Cafe peanut and gluten-free, tree nut-free except for use of coconut.
- Louisville – Silly Axe Cafe – dedicated gluten-free (celiac), nut-free, and lactose-free restaurant, may possibly accommodate other allergies (depending on your severity/preferences). *new*
- Portland – Dean’s Sweets – Nut-free chocolate shop *new*
- Portland (multiple locations) – Holy Donut – Nut-free (except for coconut) donut shop, with gluten-free options but not certified. My friend, Jenny, took me and my family to this donut shop, so yum! *new*
- Annapolis – Carrol’s Creek Cafe – nut-free restaurants, do not allow outside foods to be brought in by guests, including cakes. *new*
- Lutherville – Poulet Catering – peanut and tree nut facilities
- Rockville – Sunflower Bakery – peanut-free only, they do use tree nuts but are careful to limit cross-contact. Be sure to discuss with them if you have any concerns. *new*
- Boston – Jennifer Lee’s Bakery vegan bakery and restaurant and free of gluten, eggs, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, coconut, and sesame (check ingredients). Multiple locations & available at local farmer’s markets.
- Burlington & Mills – Twist Bakery Cafe – free from all gluten, peanuts, tree nuts and soy (except for coconut and soy lecithin), most items are also free from dairy.
- Danvers – Cakes for Occasions website has a detailed nut-free policy
- Haverhill – Cakes by Erin nut-free, uses coconut per FAQ
- Jamaica Plain – Monumental Market – new permanent home of Lavender Bee Baking Company (nut-free cupcakes) and El Columbiano Coffee.
- Newton – Blacker’s Bakeshop Nut-free, dairy-free, kosher and parve. They updated their websiteto reflect their allergen info.
- Peabody & Salem – Ziggy and Son’s Donuts – peanut and tree nut-free according to their Facebook page. They seem to have some health issues, check or call before going to their store.
- Somerville & Boston locations – Tipping Cow Ice Cream – peanut, tree nut (some flavors contain coconut), and sesame-free ice cream. There are some dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free options (be careful, cross-contact is still possible).
- Wilmington (Greater Boston area) – Jeni Cakes Nut Free – peanut and tree nut-free home based bakery (licensed and ServSafe certified)
- Detroit area – The Bake Station (locations at Southfield and Farmington Hills) Peanut, tree nut, dairy-free and kosher. Egg-free and gluten-free options are available.
- Harrisville – Alcona Brew Haus Peanut, tree nut, and shellfish-free (possibly sesame too). Upscale dining, restaurant staff is trained, and owner has food allergies in their family. *new*
- Royal Oak – Motown Freedom Bakery free of the top 8 most-common allergens: wheat, dairy, egg, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish. MFB treats are also free of corn, sesame, xanthan and guar gums.
- St. John – Oh Mi Organic – chocolate shop that is free of peanuts, tree nuts (except coconut oil), and top allergens. *new*
- Minnetonka – YoYo Donuts & Coffee Bar peanut and tree nut-free, they do use coconut. One reader mentioned egg-free ice cream.
- Kansas City – Safe Bakes – top 8 allergen and gluten-free, they provide treats for schools and business, retail orders available online, products are made in a commercial kitchen.
- Las Vegas – South Point Hotel is not nut-free but my friend, award winning Chef Keith Norman, has developed an food allergen management program at South Point that is innovative with delicious results.
- Merrimack – Bite Me Kupcakez – dedicated gluten-free and nut-free bakery and cafe, with dairy-free, soy-free, and vegan options available. Outdoor seating is also availalble. *new*
- Beach Haven (Jersey Shores) – The WooHoo – Their kitchen is peanut and tree nut-free. Their ice cream station does have peanuts and tree nuts in sealed containers and they have a designated area and procedures for handling nut-free and ice cream orders. Be sure to let them know if you have food allergies, they will give you a form to fill out your order.
- Denville – Mo’Pweeze Bakery Top 8 allergen and sesame-free. Also available my mail order and farmers market in surrounding areas in northern NJ.
- Fairlawn – Zadie’s Bake Shop – nut-free, kosher, with some dairy-free options. *new*
- Hoboken – Joey No-Nuts coffee shop with nut-free pastries, owner’s daughter has a peanut allergy.
- Montclair – The Little Daisy Bake Shop peanut and tree nut-free and lists brands of allergy safe ingredients
- Northvale – D’Ercole Donuts – peanut and tree nut-free, they carry A La Mode ice cream and make milkshakes with them!
- Northvale – Florentina’s Speciality Bakery and Cafe – peanut and tree nut-free, with vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free options available upon request. *new*
- Shrewsbury – Liv Nut Free peanut, tree nut-free cupcakes and cookies, available online also.
- Teaneck – Butterflake Bakery nut-free kosher bakery, shipping options available.
- Albuquerque – Fano Bread Company nut-free, see Ivy’s comment below.
- Lynbrook – The Sweet Peace Peanut, tree nut, and seed-free facility with options to accommodate other allergens.
- New York City – various locations, I wrote about our itinerary and where we ate Nut Free Wok In New York City
- New York City & retail locations – A La Mode Shoppe – Free from peanut, tree nut (coconut free too!), egg, and sesame ice cream.
- New York City (East Village & Harlem) – Baked Cravings nut-free, the bakery is run by two dads who understand food allergies. Shipping, catering, and corporate gifts available.
- New York City – Donut Pub – “Nut Aware” they don’t use nuts in their ingredients and check their supplies as best as possible. They now ship their donuts. Two locations
- Oceanside – The Pretzel Stop – nut-free, pretzels do not contain milk or egg.
- Plainview – Zuckerbaker’s Bake Shop peanut, tree nut, sesame, dairy and lactose-free; kosher. New location
- Rye Brooke – Cerbone’s Bakeshop nut-free American, Italian, and French bakery *new*
- Staten Island – Cutest Cookies – nut-free decorated cookies, mail order and local pick up *new*
- Watervliet – Schuyler Bakery – peanut and tree nut-free, dairy-free, Kosher Pareve bakery
- West Hemptead – Bagel Town, nut-free and sesame-free!
- Raleigh – Daylight Donuts appears to be a chain but this specific francise on Credmore Rd. is peanut and tree nut-free (except coconut – call ahead to order if you have a coconut allergy). The company’s main page has a peanut covered donut on it but the Raleigh store is peanut and tree nut-free.
- Raleigh – Videri Chocolate Factory – their chocolate is nut-free and free “from all known tree nuts, and many common legumes, as well as soy, gluten, corn, and egg products.” Read my review about their products! They also have a cafe area with music and events, check to see if the food served in that venue is allergy safe before consuming.
- Fargo – Mehl’s Gluten Free – gluten-free, nut-free bakery with dairy-free, vegan, soy-free, and sugar-free options. They sell their baking mixes. Be sure to check whether their gluten-free flour has cross contact or allergen advisories for nuts.
- Cincinnati – Blossim Donuts – nut-free donut food truck, operates only seasonally (April until ?) *new*
- Columbus – Cherbourgh Bakery – free of gluten, nuts, and dyes
- Hamilton – Chubby Bunny Bakery – gluten, egg, dairy, and nut-free bakery *new*
- Worthington – Peace Love Donuts – Caveat alert! The Peace Love Donuts chain is NOT nut-free but the Worthington location is nut-free (see recommendation in the comments). Because owners can change without notice, it’s important to verify that these donuts are nut-free everytime and do not assume that other Peace Love Donuts bakeries are nut safe.
- Conshohocken (must pre-order) – Pretty Tasty Cupcakes – peanut and tree nut-free cupcakes, cookies, and cake pops
- Ohiopyle – Ohiopyle Bakery & Sandwich Shoppe – peanut and tree nut-free. This family also has 3 other resturants that are also peanut and tree nut-free and can accommodate other food allergies with advance notice. They no longer have a website but still seem to be in business otherwise.
- Perkasie – C&C Cafe – peanut and nut-free breakfast restaurant according to a statement on their menu. They do have some brownies and cookies on their menu, double-check if their desserts are nut-free or not before ordering or eating. *new*
- Perkasie – Hassis Gluten Free – Gluten-free and nut-free. Their website doesn’t have a lot of information but I found that they are indeed nut-free on their Facebook page. Please reach out to them if you have any questions. *new*
- Cranston – A&J Bakery Nut-free, gluten-free, sesame-free
- Johnston – 3 Wishes Bakery – dedicated nut-free, gluten-free bakery with dairy and soy-free options. *new*
- Pawtucket – Awesome Sweets Nut-free with dairy-free options
- Spartanburg – Caroline’s Cakes (moved from MD) – gluten-free and nut-free
- Columbia – The Dotted Lime – Gluten-free, peanut and tree nut-free bakery and restaurant (restaurant uses coconut wraps). They are willing to accommodate other allergies too.
- Powell – Free Reign Bakery – Free from gluten, dairy, soy, egg, peanut, tree nut, fish, shellfish & corn. *new*
- Houston – Awesome Bites – dairy, egg, soy, and nut-free (except coconut) bakery and ice cream shop by an allergy mom. Shipping options available. *new*
- Grand Isle – Vermont Nut Free Chocolates – I love their nut-free chocolates and have ordered them by mail but recently found out from VNFC that they have a retail location at 10 Island Circle!
- Delivery to DC area – The Lemonade Bakery Peanut, tree nut, egg, and sesame-free; dairy and soy-free options available upon request. Gluten-free option available but the facility is not wheat free.
- Chesapeake – Carolina Cupcakery/The Food Allergy Bakery, has some products with nuts and a dedicated wheat & nut-free facility with top 8 free options. Mentions almond flavoring but not derived from tree nuts.
- King George area – Cool Cats Cupcakes peanut, tree nut, egg, dairy-free. Licensed home based kitchen, pick up at local butchers shop. See Kari’s comment below. Two local pick up locations.
- Salem – Corbin’s Confections – gluten-free, peanut and tree nut-free. Website doesn’t work, link goes to their Facebook page.
- Springfield – Out of the Bubble – dairy-free and nut-free bakery with gluten-free and vegan options, home based business that is inspected and has food safety certifications.
- Springfield (including DC area) – The Joy of Cupcakes – nut-free, homebased business.
- Seattle (retail locations, expanded to west coast and beyond, 9 states!) – Little Rae’s Bakery peanut and tree nut-free. My friend Lori brought some Brownie Cookies for my kids, they loved it, thanks!!
- Georgetown – Dog Tag Bakery – nut-free bakery. Note that products distributed in national coffee shops are produced in a shared facility with nuts and is not allergy safe at this time.
- Washington, DC – Baked By Yael – nut-free, offers cake pops and bagels and more. Has gluten-free and vegan options (dairy and egg-free) available.
Nut-Free Bakeries, Available in Stores or Online
- Better Bites Bakery gluten-free, nut-free (some items contain coconut), top 8 allergen free items available in retail locations and online orders, including Amazon (affiliate link).
- Corsos Cookies – Allergen statement says now says tree nut and peanut-free.
- Cybele’s Free to Eat – top 8 allergen free, delicious cookies, available to order online (affiliate)
- Fancy Pants Bakery – online & in grocery stores, nut-free, GMO-free. I shared a review of their cookies. I recently checked their Amazon pages and their cookies are not available to order online, I hope that’s just a temporary situation and we can find them at our local stores.
- Eleni’s peanut and tree nut-free, in a dedicated facility. NYC delivery available. Retail locations and online sales available.
- Just Desserts – a San Francisco based company, their cupcakes are available at local supermarkets, Target, and all over the United States. Nut-free with vegan options, very delicious
- Madeline’s Pantry – online bakery, peanut and tree nut-free facilities, additional Muffintown products maybe available at retail locations in MA and surrounding states.
- Raised Gluten Free – (formerly Natural Decadence) gluten, eggs, dairy, & nut -ree (some products contain soy), available at retail locations and by mail. Check that their gluten-free flour works for you.
- Rebecca’s Nut Free – nut-free, available in stores and venues in Massachusetts and by mail.
- Red Plate Foods – Nut-free, vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, GMO-free, available at retailers and online. I met them at WFFS20 and tried some their delicious products.
Nut-Free Bakeries in Canada
- Barrie, ON – Cakes by Design 100% peanut and tree nut-free facility; can also make some products without the use of eggs, milk or gluten (shared facility)
- Calgary, AB – Bliss Cupcakes peanut and tree nut-free (except some recipes use coconut); smaller shop located inside a mall, they also have a second location that is larger.
- Calgary, AB – Cake Bake Shop Peanut and tree nut-free, with “gluten-wise” options.
- Edmonton, AB – Bliss Baked Goods, Nut-free, dairy (kosher), and gluten-free options
- Halifax, NS – East Coast Bakery Peanut, tree nut, dairy-free, and kosher parve bagels and various challah bread products. The owner has family members and some employees with food allergies and understands the need to be careful regarding cross contact.
- Ottawa, ON – The Best Cake Shop peanut and tree nut-free
- Ottawa, ON – Strawberry Blonde Bakery Free of peanut and tree nut (with the exception of coconut), dairy, egg, and gluten, with some soy-free options. I love that they try to use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Regina, SK – Asha Rose Bakery Peanut and tree nut-free bakery, food allergy family *new*
- Toronto, ON – Hype Food Co. – Bakery and fast casual restaurant is free from gluten and top allergens including peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, milk, eggs, soy, sesame and seafood.
- Toronto, ON, – It’s the Icing on the Cake peanut and tree nut-free bakery, they check for allergen advisories according to their website. The owner’s nephew has food allergies. Gluten-free treats available upon request but there’s a risk of cross contact with wheat.
- Toronto, ON, Thornhill, and Pearson Airport – Grodzinski Bakery – Kosher, nut-free bakery
- Toronto, ON – Short and Sweet Cupcakes nut-free (with gluten-free options on certain days)
- Toronto, ON area – Sweets from the Earth they have two lines, either a Nut-Free line or a Gluten-Free line. Everything is free of sesame, dairy, and egg. Their products are available at retail locations in the Toronto area but you can special order custom products in advance to pick up at their office.
- Westmount, QC – Patisserie Petit Lapin free from peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, milk, egg, seafood, soy, sulfites, mustard, wheat, gluten.
- Winnipeg, MB – Sweet Impressions, 100% peanut and tree nut-free (except coconut) with some egg and dairy-free options.
- Multiple locations – Pacini – a reader recommended this Italian chain due to positive dining experiences. Quebec locations have allergen free dishes in sealed microwaveable containers. And every restaurant is stocked with epinephrine autoinjectors.
- Multiple locations & retail – Mrs. Dunsters in Sussex, NB is peanut and tree nut-free, their retail products can also be found in New Foundland, Nova Scotia, and Maine (US). Look for products with their logo. *new*
Nut Free Chain Restaurants
- Chipotle – nut-free, “We do not use eggs, mustard, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, shellfish, or fish as ingredients in our food.”
- Islands – no peanuts, tree nuts, and shellfish on their allergen information page. Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful when taking our order. Restaurants in California, Arizona, Hawaii, and Nevada.
- Mod Pizza –nut free pizza, including their pesto sauce. The wrapped desserts are most like purchased from a bakery, not nut-free. Double check at your local locations.
How to Decide If a Bakery Is Nut-Free?
We need to know about nut-free bakeries in our communities regardless of whether you need an allergy safe treat to send for a school party, desserts for a special occasion, meeting a friend for coffee or lunch, or just passing through while on vacation. I love that there are owners of nut-free bakeries who are committed to nut allergy safety procedures to provide an invaluable service to people who live with life threatening nut allergies and their friends and family.
I think for most people “nut-free” means that there is no intentional addition of nuts in the ingredients. But for a person with life threatening allergies, “nut-free” has to mean free of nuts as well as traces from potential cross contact from a wandering spatula, shared equipment, ingredients with allergen advisories, etc.. It’s important to learn how to evaluate any bakery or dining establishment and then to vet them to establish safety.
Are They REALLY Nut-Free Bakeries or Restaurants?
Most bakeries have some risk of cross contact with allergens. However there are some allergy friendly or nut-free bakeries available and I look at their website for more information.
- Look at their menu options and see if any of their products contain obvious allergens that I need to avoid.
- Do they use any red flag items such as candy toppings which are known to be labeled with allergen advisories, such as “may contain peanuts”?
- Then I look at their home page, about page, FAQ, and/or nutrition page to look for an allergen or ingredient statement that describe what allergens they are free from.
- Do they share their reasons for having a nut-free or other allergen-free bakery? Do they or their loved ones live with life threatening food allergies?
I have come across some bakeries that are peanut-free but not tree nut-free, some are tree nut-free but not peanut-free, some are gluten and nut-free, some are gluten-free but use almond flour as a gluten-free flour substitution. There are all kinds of permutations of how they might be allergen-free so we have to be alert to the possibilities and don’t assume anything! If the bakery still looks promising then I will ask questions.
Double Check Nut-Free Bakeries With a Conversation:
When talking with nut-free bakeries or restaurants, it goes without saying to always be polite and to respect their time. Call or visit during non-peak times to speak with a manager. We need to pay it forward and make it easy for the next person to have their questions answered.
Since we are a nut-free family, here are some questions I might have when looking at a website or talking with a bakery owner. You can substitute or add other allergens you are avoiding, and depending on the answers and your personal comfort level, you either keep asking or thank them for their time and say goodbye. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, your questions are a reflection of consumer needs and can shape the restaurant and food industries.
- Do any of your pastries/dishes contain peanuts or tree nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, etc..)?
- Do you use ingredients that are derivatives of peanuts or tree nuts such as peanut butter, almond extract, chocolate hazelnut spreads, etc.?
- Do you use ingredients with allergen advisories or call your suppliers or distributors to check for allergen advisories for any chance of cross-contact from being made on shared equipment or shared facilities?
- Be aware that some gluten-free products have allergen advisories for nuts and other allergens. Be sure to ask gluten-free bakeries and restaurant which brand of flour they use and then check on the manufacturer’s website to be certain that they’re also safe for your nut allergies.
- What procedures do you have in place to limit cross contact of allergens? This is an example of an open ended question and some examples of great responses that I have heard include
- we bake the most allergy sensitive items first thing in the morning
- we bought all new equipment without seams (so that allergens aren’t lodged in the cracks)
- we have visited the manufacturer (of a company that makes gluten-free flour and nut flours) and are assured that their gluten-free flours are free from cross contact with the nut flours.
Triple Check by Cross Referencing
- City or county health inspection reports are important. If a dining establishment can’t keep up with the basics of health and safety, they won’t be able to meet the needs of a food allergic customer.
- Check online restaurant review sites and see what others have to say, hit “control + F” and search results for “allergy” and see if any allergic diners had comments.
- Have you heard of Allergy Eats or Spokin? Both are great fantastic resources. When I travel, I use Allergy Eats to quickly zero in on allergy friendly restaurants. I’ve also downloaded the Spokin app to search for recommendations and their blog often has great lists organized by cities.
- Check Yelp for other health and safety measures and decide whether you are comfortable with dining in, outdoor dining, or takeout.
Why Care About Nut-Free Bakeries and Restaurants?
Nut Free Wok reader Lucy shared an adorable photo of her son intently looking at allergy friendly pastries, “…he’s in front of the glass case looking in. He looks at me and says “Mama, I can have anything??- in disbelief- Are you sure??” 🙂 Their story was truly really sweet and resonated with many readers, a few confessed to being teary-eyed (me too!).
Nut-free bakeries make kids and grown-ups happy and they touch our lives. These bakeries and restaurants are a part of our birthdays, weddings, baby showers, graduations, and every other celebration.
Nut-free bakeries deserve our support. I asked Nut Free Wok’s readers on Facebook and Twitter for their suggestions, please go visit the thread and this thread from May, 2015 to read each others comments and discussion (THANK YOU!!). But there were so many great places all mixed in together, I decided to create a page here organized by country and/or state.
Is Coconut a Tree Nut?
I refer to information listed on ACAAI’s website and for the purposes of this list, bakeries that use coconut aren’t excluded but if I know that coconut is used in the bakery, I will note it. If you are avoiding coconut (or any other allergens), please clarify with the nut-free bakeries before ordering or eating.
Coconut is not a botanical nut; it is classified as a fruit, even though the Food and Drug Administration recognizes coconut as a tree nut. While allergic reactions to coconut have been documented, most people who are allergic to tree nuts can safely eat coconut. If you are allergic to tree nuts, talk to your allergist before adding coconut to your diet.
Latest update: December 31, 2022
I update this post about once a year. This year I added more recommendations and reorganized the post so that it’s easier to find a location near you and moved my tips on checking a bakery to the bottom.
If you find any new bakeries that you think others will like, please leave a comment below. That’s the best way for people to find your recommendations in between updates! I prefer to add reader recommended bakeries and not owner submitted recommendations.
Many bakeries have changed their hours and some have closed, so be sure to check their website or call for hours. Also many bakeries have added mail order options , so be sure to look at options from nearby cities and states.
I also added *new* to any listings that are new to this page, does not mean that they are a new business. Thanks!
What is your experience with the nut free bakeries or restaurants listed? Do you have a nut free bakery or restaurant in your community? Tell us about it in the comments below. What other questions do you ask? Share this post to help others.
Thanks for reading, please help Nut Free Wok!
The best way to see every post or recipe is to subscribe to Nut Free Wok’s email subscription (be sure to respond to the confirmation email). You will be notified by email next time I publish another post or recipe and I won’t send you spam or share your email address with anyone.
If you enjoyed this post, please use the social media buttons below to share with others. I am on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram as @nutfreewok and it’s great to chat and interact on social media too.
I may mention the names of stores and/or brand names of products that I use because readers ask and I share products and sources which I use and think may be helpful to readers, all opinions are my own. Please note that manufacturing practices and ingredients can change at anytime without notice and readers are always responsible for assuring allergen safety before buying or consuming foods. NutFreeWok.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Thank you for reading!
Thx so much for the mention as well as the list in general. This will be very handy when traveling!! It’s always tough to say no dessert, esp on vacation.
You’re welcome, Penny! Wouldn’t it be a dream come true for people to try all of the bakeries and restaurant while on vacation?
We own Pretty Tasty Cupcake Boutique in Cape May, New Jersey – we are 100% peanut/tree nut free..nothing we use was ever even processed in a plant that processes any type of nuts. Mom to Mom promise, as my son has a SEVERE allergy to both. Can’t even be in the same room! So that’s how we started! Stop in and say hi if you’re in town! ?
Awesome bakery origin story, I totally get the same level of passion. My son would react to being in a room where people ate nuts in it the day before, it’s such a stressful life. Thank you. We were in NYC last week and it’s a lot of ground to cover, I wish we had time to stop by!
Pretty Tasty Cupcakes is a SPECTACULAR find! My 15-year-old with pn/tn allergies, was beyond thrilled to be able to experience seriously delicious cupcakes from a shop for the first time ever. We are so grateful, Erica! Thank you!
What a great list! Nice to have when traveling. Will definitely call and check these places out! Thanks so much for compiling it!
You’re welcome, Lucy! I am always looking for safe places to dine when we travel. There are many restaurants which are nut free, but I feel a lot more comfortable dining at a place that is dedicated to being nut free and allergen friendly.
What a great post! Can I give a shout out for our Sacramento favorite allergy aware bakery, Pushkins? Dedicated gluten and dairy free 🙂 http://www.pushkinsbakery.com
Hi Sarah, thanks for the suggestion. I’ll leave it up in case anyone who just needs a wheat and dairy free bakery, but I just want to point out to readers looking for a nut free bakery, Pushkins is *not nut free* and I won’t add be adding it to the list. Have a great day!
CAKES BY ERIN in Haverhill, MA
HALF BAKED CAFE in Beverly Farms, MA
Both are peanut and tree nut free, and they do gluten free options for those with a gluten intolerance and Cakes by Erin often does vegan cupcakes that are delicious! I was diagnosed in 1984 with a life threatening peanut allergy and being able to eat amazing cupcakes, cookies and birthday cakes from an actual bakery is awesome but not for my waist lol.
Hi Jennifer, wow, what great resources to have in your community! Thanks for the recommendations, Erin’s cakes are quite impressive and creative. 🙂
Jeni Cakes Nut Free is a home bakery that makes the most delicious and moist cakes! Highly recommended!!!
Thank you, Jennifer, for the suggestion. It’s always a good idea to be super careful when working with a home bakery and ask a lot of questions. I hope that Jeni’s Cakes will have the opportunity to expand!
Sweet Love Bakery in Davie, Florida
Hi Rose, thanks for your suggestion. I just want to add that Sweet Love Bakery (www.sweetlovepastries.com) is not a nut free bakery, but they have a dedicated nut-free oven, equipment, and area in which to prepare nut free goodies. Their treats look really very cute!
The Sweet Peace, Lynbrook, NY. Chef Allison Shapiro.
Awesome, Susan! Thanks for your recommendation and I saw your post to them on FB. Isn’t it special when these wonderful nut-free allergen friendly bakeries become part of the special moments of our family? Congratulations. <3
We bake peanut, tree nut, milk and dairy free. Cakes and Cupcakes are ordered to deliver locally only, but anything else can be shipping by purchasing on our website! We also do local events and fundraisers (gift certificates/ Cookie Baskets for auctions).
Thanks Janelle, good luck with your bake at home business, kudos! 🙂
Nice list! Thanks for taking the time to do this research on nut free bakeries and places to eat. As you know, this all makes a HUGE difference.
Thank you, Caroline! It sure does make a difference. I hope to add to the list, I hope people will share more peanut and tree nut free bakeries in the comments!!!
Great resource! Thanks for including us!
You’re welcome! Thank you for your bakery. I love your allergen statement, it’s so clear and helpful.
There is Fancypants Bakery in Walpole, MA. Nut-free and yummy! See fancypantsbakery.com
Thanks, Jennifer! I added them to the online ordering section.
The Cake Shop in Ottawa makes amazing treats, and custom cakes and it’s 100% peanut and tree nut free! We’ve never been disappointed!
Thank you, Andrea, for your suggestion. Wow, sounds like they’ve been in business for a long time.
Great list, thanks for putting this together.
Sadie Mae’s cupcake cafe in Hingham, MA is also very good. http://sadiemaescupcakecafe.com/
Thank you, Dana for your suggestion. So lucky to have a nut free bakery in your area. 🙂
No Nut Nation in Waldwick Nj has been amazing- dedicated tree nut and peanut free bakery with amazing treats, I love their blondies and crumb cakes
Thank you, Melissa. I tried looking them up and can’t find a lot of information about them. Are they still in business? Maybe I will give them a call this week to follow up, thanks.
Here in Hampton Roads VA, we have Food Allergy Bakery, http://foodallergybakery.com, which is part of Carolina Cupcakery, https://carolinacupcakery.com. The main allergy baker is in Chesapeake, but they have coolers with safe items at some of the Carolina Cupcakery locations throughout Hampton roads.
Thank you for your explanation! I knew that they were somehow related and it’s good to hear from a customer. 🙂
Hi! We have a bakery here in Clarksville, TN called Nerdy Birdy Cookie Company. They are gluten/grain/soy/peanut-free bakery. They do use tree nuts. They will sometimes also make dairy free items. There facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/nerdybirdycookies/timeline
Thanks Amanda for your suggestion, I won’t add them to the list since they use tree nuts such as macadamia and almonds. It’s great that they do not use peanuts but I wonder if they use tree nuts and other ingredients that are free from peanut cross contact?
Also, in Louisville, Kentucky there is Annie May’s Sweet Cafe. We have eaten there several times. Here is the website http://www.anniemayssweetcafe.com/ nut free (excluding coconut), gluten free, soy free
Wonderful, it’s not just only a bakery but one can enjoy lunch and pizza! Thank you!
and last one. I haven’t tried this one yet but Gluten Free Cutie in Atlanta, GA claims “Our Bakery and Kitchen is 100% Gluten Free Bakery, Dye Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free & Tree Nut Free.” This is their website: http://glutenfreecutie.com/
Thank you, Amanda! The bakery/restaurant sounds wonderful!
Sweet Impressions is a peanut and nutfree bakery with gluten free and vegan options. Great company with wonderful employees. Located in Winnipeg, Manutoba, Canada.
Thank you! Love it 🙂
Not a bakery, but Videri Chocolate Factory in Raleigh, NC is a nut free facility and great for a visit. My daughter could not believe she could pick from a case of truffles. They have self-guided tours and a coffee shop inside.
Thanks for the great share, Christina!
Baked by Yael is a nut free bakery in Washington DC in the Cleveland park area across from the national zoo.
Also Breadsmith of Potomac,MD in the cabin John shopping center is nut free as well!
Thank you, Suzanne, for your suggestions. They’re great finds and Baked By Yael reminds me of a dear food allergy advocate friend. <3
Awsome sweets in Pawtucket, RI is an amazing nut free bakery. I believe you can also ask for dairy and egg free as well.
Thank you, Jenn. I liked reading the reviews about them on Yelp too. Sounds like the owners are very nice as well as nut free!
Awesome list. I also highly recommend Twist bakery in Millis, ma. They made our gluten free, dairy free, peanut and tree nut free wedding cake to accommodate all of our guests and it tasted amazing!
Thank you for your suggestion! Congratulations on your wedding, you are so kind to find a bakery to accommodate your guests.
YES! A huge shout out to Twist! We love love love it there!
Also on Long Island, NY is Allies, a gluten, tree nut and peanut free kosher bakery. Their cheesecake brownies are delicious!!
Great suggestion, thank you! I’m so glad you mentioned your favorite item to order. When there are so many choices at a dedicated nut free bakery, it’s nice to know what are some good options. 😉
You may wish to add our bakery to your sources.
Touche Bakery Inc. is a wholesale bakery , totally peanut, tree-nut and sesame free, kosher ,dairy.
Products can be found on Amazon in the USA and Canada.
In Canada many retailers carry the products.including our cakes.
Frozen cookie dough, muffin and brownie batter are available in 3 pound tubs.
Thank you Allan, congratulations on having such a wide distribution! That’s just wonderful!
“Icing on the Cake” on Queen St East is also peanut and tree nut free in the East and of Toronto
Thank you, Liz!
Dog Tag Bakery in Georgetown, DC is nut free. Their mission is to help veterans & their families transition into civilian life. Great place for many reasons! We just had brunch there & are taking desserts to go.
Sounds like an awesome place, a bakery with a social mission. Thank you for sharing. 🙂
Cakes By design is a nut free bakery located in Barrie, Ontario. The website mentions “nut free” but they are also peanut free. They also accommodate for gluten, egg and milk-free desserts. We have ordered many cakes from them in the last 10 years and always had great quality and service.
Thanks, I just peeked at their website. I wouldn’t have guessed that they are so allergy friendly but I am reassured by your recommendation.
Thank you, Sharon! I have been meaning to visit Starry Lane Bakery in Santee, CA, they are gluten, soy, diary, egg and nut free! http://www.starrylanebakery.com
Excellent recommendation, thank you! It’s taken me such a long time to update this post, they’ve moved to San Diego!!! Yay for them.
Atlanta’s 1st 100% nut free bakery
The owner has 2 children with nut allergies
Cake Bake Shop in Calgary is peanut and nut free, and very yummy!
Sharon – thanks for the great list!! Have another one in Virginia to add to your list. “Out of the Bubble” is a bakery that delivers to Northern Virginia area and she also sells at Farmers Markets. The owner is allergic to nuts herself to is very dedicated to a nut free bakery but then she also has several options that are dairy and gluten free so a little something for everyone! For those in Washington DC Dog Tag Bakery on the list has been wonderful for my daughter as well!
Thanks so much for this list. Just went to Monster Pho and loved it. I have a place to add. M:BGR in Montreal. Amazing burger place, all nutfree including the desserts. Great knowledgeable service. Our kids were incredibly happy. On a sad note Cho’cola is closing in two weeks.
This list is so wonderful! Thanks so much for organizing it. We were at Blacker’s Bakeshop in Newton MA today. Brought home some amazing bread, muffins, a simply to die for cinnamon horn and two gingerbread people (holidays in July?). My son was almost overwhelmed with all of the safe and yummy choices.
We also love TWIST Bakery and Café in Millis Mass–they have great breakfast and lunch items in addition to bakery treats.
We also really like BellaCakes in Clinton Ma. They are nut free but also have homemade made on site nut free hard scoop ice cream–(hard to find)! They also have a vegan ice cream as well.
Thanks again Sharon!
Fabulous feedback, thank you!! I can’t be everywhere all at once (sponsors, anyone???) so it’s great to have local folks share their favorite nut free bakeries. Sounds like your son is a lucky boy to have so many nut free bakeries to visit, whooo-hoo!!!
Thank you for including me on your list. Just a minor correction… the actual bakery name is just Awsome Sweets located in RI.
We are completely nut free but we also offer Dairy Free options.
Thanks again for the referral
Thanks, Melissa, I updated my post! Huge thanks from the allergy community for your bakery.
Daylight Donuts in Raleigh, NC, on Creedmoor Rd is peanut and tree nut free.
That’s so awesome! I looked up the company’s main home page and saw a photo of a peanut covered donut but later found the Raleigh store’s website. What a great find, thanks!
Strawberry Blonde Bakery in Ottawa, Ontario.
nut & tree-free (uses coconut, though) 100% vegan & gluten-free as well!
Thank you for the suggestion!
You forgot Mama Resch;s Gluten Free Bakery in Overland Park, ks https://mamareschs.com/
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out!
Wonderful job Sharon!
Here’s another one for your list. Keep up the awesome work!!!
Thank you! You’re a lucky lady to have that in your backyard!!
Hi! Wanted to add my bakery, Rebecca’s Nut-Free, to Massachusetts. We are online and wholesale and do Cookie Dough fundraisers as well. If you need bulk Nut-free cookies for an even let we are your go to! At coffee shops, convenience store, and entertainment venues.
That’s so great, people only need to know so they can order for their events.
This is a bakery in the Cincinnati/Oxford Ohio area. Her website doesn’t say nut free but I called her before buying and she is nut free and her products that we buy in our local jungle Jim stores are free of the top 8 allergens. She also has products placed in the Miami university food courts for people with allergies. My kids are allergic to the top 8 allergens and these are sooo good!!
That sounds like an incredible find, thank you!
Little daisy bake shop in Montclair NJ. Peanut & tree nut free.
Thank you! I have a friend who lives in Montclair, I’ll ask him to check it out. 🙂
Hi I run the state of New Mexico’s food allergy support group nmfaso.com and own a nut free bakery. Our bakery is 26 years old and we have two sons with multiple life threatening allergies. Our Bakery is called Fano Bread Co. we are based in Albuquerque and sell in Santa Fe and Taos as well.
Cool, thanks Ivy!
Have you considered adding some allergen information on your website for your customers?
Thank you for this list! I can tell you that YoYo Donuts in Minnetonka, MN is absolutely delicious! We go every time we get to the Minneapolis area, and it’s worth going out of the way!
That’s awesome to know, thank you! Yay for nut free donuts!!
Cool Cat Cupcakes in King George, VA. They are nut free, egg free, dairy free, vegan, and delicious! The cupcakes can be ordered, but they’re also sold at The Old Towne Butcher in Fredericksburg, VA.
Thanks for your suggestion!
Also Sweet Megan Baking Company in Southampton, PA! They are peanut- tree nut- soy- egg- gluten- and dairy-free, and also kosher! They have such a huge selection of stuff that you just have to visit their website at sweetmeganbakery.com. I need something without those first three allergens I mentioned, and I actually got my last birthday cake there! Delicious!
Thank you for sharing, Marissa!
The Joy of Cupcakes in Springfield, VA is nut free. We got a very cute custom made cake from their for my daughter’s birthday! Tastes great, too!
Great, thanks for the suggestion!
Have you heard of sweets from the earth from Toronto, ON? A great bakery who has many products that are allergen friendly, I believe they have 2 factories one of them which is peanut, tree nut, sesame, dairy and egg free and another factory which is gluten/wheat free (dairy and egg as well) I’ve tried a few products but looking forward to trying MANY more! If only I lived closer to TO…
Wow, that sounds great. I love recommendations from other families dealing with food allergies. This is great, thanks!
Corbin’ s Confections in Salem, VA peanut, tree nut, gluten free. Amazing Bakery! The Best!
Thank you! I will add this next time I update! 🙂
I have a residential bakery in Wilmington, MA. I am peanut and tree nut free, including shared facilities. My daughter has these allergies, so I run a tight ship. 🙂 Custom orders only, since I have a residential license and no store front.
Sounds great, Jeni! Kudos that you have a residential license, and didn’t you mention on Twitter that you also have another certification? I hope that you will eventually open a bakery storefront so people can find you, fulfill all of their nut-free cravings for sweets. 😉
Also, thank you so much for this list. Great to have when we are traveling!! I’m seeing some great options near places we often travel. <3
Online option – Caroline’s Cakes http://www.carolinescakes.com located in Spartanburg, SC
“Caroline’s 7-Layer Christmas Caramel Cake is Featured in O, The Oprah Magazine.” The cakes look amazing. I haven’t personally tried their cakes (yet), but I did just order one for my daughter who is away at college.
Baked Cravings is an incredible cupcake bakery that opened this year in Harlem in NYC! They are beyond amazing.
please add Baked Cravings in NYC to the list. Great cupcakes, brownies, cookies and donuts.
I just checked out your webpage, wowowowow!!! The designs are awesome. I would love to hear from readers who visit your store.
Grandmas Kitchen and Butterflake Bake Shop in New Jersey. So thankful for them! Iscreamery, also in NJ, can make safe ice cream cakes with soft serve if special ordered. Already mentioned, A La Mode Shoppe Ice Cream in NYC–fabulous!
Thank you for your recommendations! I was able to find Butterflake Bake Shop online and added them.
In COLORADO, The Makery and Allergy Free Bakery
Hazel’s Bakery in Needham, MA is peanut (though not tree nut) free. I’ve spoken at length with the owners and they take great care to avoid using raw ingredients that are cross-contaminated with peanuts as well!
Great, thank you.
Please include Four Kids Coffee in Canton, Ohio to your list. They are free from the top 8 allergens and serve lunch and baked goods. The owners are wonderful and the food is great!
They’re brilliantly amazing. I love the idea of a safe play space. Thanks for sharing.
Please add Sorelle and Co
Located in Toronto & Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Free of top 10 allergens
Thank you for your suggestion, their baked goods look so beautiful.
Michigan – Metamora (city)
Heavenly Cake balls
100% gluten-free and nut-free bakery
Perfect! Thanks so much for writing it so that it’s ready to copy and paste!!! blogger high five!! 😉
Ordered desserts for an anniversary party from Grodzinski Bakery in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, http://www.grodzinskibakery.com
They are nut free and have 2 locations in Toronto, and also supply to Toronto Pearson Airport at both their terminals, http://www.grodzinskibakery.com/locations
Their desserts were beautiful and tasty as well. The great thing is that they supply several types of baked goods and not just the typical cupcake and cake only type shop.
Lavender Bee Baking Company is a nut free pop-up bakery in Boston! They do pop-ups in Brookline and at farmers markets but can also do special orders outside of that. Check them out!! http://WWW.LavenderBee.Com
So sweet! I love her story and initiative. Thanks for sharing your recommendation.
We just visited Melinda’s in Capitols thanks to your list. They were amazing with our allergies and my kids really enjoyed this special treat!
Thank you, Kelly!! That’s great feedback about Melinda’s and I’m so glad they were wonderful. I can’t wait to go there with my family.
Pretty tasty cupcakes in conshohocken, PA. Peanut and tree nut free. Cupcakes, custom cakes, cake pops,chocolate chip cookies, stuffed cookies.
Thank you, I just added them today!
Cerbone’s in Rye Brook, New York.
Thank you! I added them today!
An update- Caroline’s Cakes in Annapolis, Maryland has closed (so bummed as it was 2 minutes from my house!)
Love this list though! Hoping to find something near our travels one of these days.
Thanks for letting me know! Apparently Caroline’s Cakes has moved to South Carolina! It’s so great to have a nut free bakery close to home, I hope you discover something new soon!
More suggestions on this Facebook thread. : ) https://www.facebook.com/nutfreewok/posts/2140716726175796
Thanks for this, If you hear of anything popping up in Durham, North Carolina Id love to know.
You should add Bliss Baked Goods in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Awesome donuts and tons of menu items.
Nut free as well as kosher, and dairy and gluten free options
Thank you Carly, I added your recommendation. I hope you find something close by soon and let me know!
Sharon, thank you SO much for this list. It’s a tremendous resource!
In Connecticut The Cake Box in Westport is nut free with options for gluten free and vegan treats. Also in Connecticut , The Painted Cookie in Wilton is nut free , they have a store front and also ship . In Northvale, NJ D’Ercole Donuts is nut free and also makes milk shakes using Al la Mode ice cream . My son got his first and only milk shake from there this summer .
Vegan Bites is awesome, but they are not totally nut free, my daughter has wheat, dairy, eggs, all nut and fish allergy, so they are very accommodating and helpful in that area.
Dreamy desserts close shop and I really miss Penny. Will continue to find that person in Vegas. Thank you!
Hi,nothing in florida? Thank you
Peace, Love and Little Donuts of Worthington, Ohio is peanut free and nut free (they do use coconut). All other Peace, Love and Little Donut locations are NOT nut free and therefore their allergen statement on their website lists nuts. The owners of the Worthington, Ohio location have intentionally chosen to make their shop nut free. They even use Skippers from Vermont Nut Free Chocolates!
One a side note – Nut Free Sweets in Ohio made my wedding cake and it was the best cake I have ever had!
Thank you for your recommendations!
Hey! This is the owner of Corbin’s Confections in Salem, VA. We FINALLY have a website. It is http://www.corbinsconfections.com.
Thank you so much for all you do for the nut free community! <3
Congratulations!!! That’s awesome you have a website now. <3
Thank YOU for making nut free treats, it's a labor of love.
Trumbull CT also has a nut freee bakery! http://cookieworkshop.com
We love Out of the Bubble Bakery in Virginia. They have made several birthday cakes for us. Their work is amazing — they can make *any* cake! A couple of years ago they made the most gorgeous Frozen themed cake for my daughter’s 10th birthday. This year, I’m planning a Messy Room cake and I will definitely be using them again.
That sounds wonderful! How fun that they can make beautiful and special cakes and be a part of your family’s celebrations.
David’s gluten free chocolate chip brownies also work great for me. They are listed as Nut free, gluten free and dairy free. I’m allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconut and sesame (Had previous issues with trace amounts of allergens) but never had an issue with their brownies. I think they make other products as well.
Ohiopyle Bakery and Sandwhich Shoppe in Pennsylvania and Bakers Dozen Donuts in Louisiana are both nut and peanut free!
Mehls Gluten Free Bakery claims to be nut free on their webpage. Haven’t tried it yet, but planning to go check it out.
Mehl’s Gluten Free Bakery
1404 33rd St S, Suite H
Fargo, ND 58103
Thanks for the suggestion!
I can recommend the Lemonade Bakery in Manassas–they used to be just custom orders but I believe they now have a storefront too. I’ve gotten my son fun birthday cakes from them for about 7 years now but they have other things too–I’ve only tried the doughnuts in addition to their cakes (I wasn’t a fan of the donuts). From their website: Everything is egg, nut, and peanut free. Vegan, dairy free, soy free, and gluten free options are also available for certain menu items.
VIRGINIA–they’re in Manassas Virginia!
Thanks so much for your recommendation!
Unfortunately, BreadSmith bakery in Maryland has closed. I’m on the hunt for an alternative here but haven’t found anything yet. Also, Videri Chocolate in Raleigh is still open (it was crossed out on your list and is tree nut and peanut free. Was it crossed out for another reason? Thanks and I love and cherish your information for my peanut allergic son!
I will add your updates to my list of things to do. I suspect that Videri is crossed out because the link needs an update as well. Sometimes websites change their URL for different pages. It’s not an intentional cross out on my part. Thanks for letting me know.
Great post! I see there is nothing listed for Texas. In the Houston area we have Awesome Bites Co. which has delicious allergy-friendly muffins, cupcakes, cookies, bars, and ICE CREAM! All items are vegan, peanut and tree nut free (except for coconut) and many of their items are Top 8 free. It’s a great option for locals, but they also ship some of their items nationwide. Check them out! I’m not affiliated with them in any way but love them as a customer—my son was able to enjoy his first completely safe ice cream shop experience because of this business.
Thank you for the recommendation!
I just discovered Chiffons Kosher Cake Center on Avenue P in Brooklyn, NY. Completely peanut and tree nut free.
Thank you for the recommendation! I will check it out.
Florentina’s Bakery in Northvale, NJ is nut-free. https://www.florentinas-bakery.com/
Yay, thank you for all of these wonderful recommendations for New Jersey!
Lucky Bones Restaurant in Cape May NJ is peanut-free. I have an email from the manager that I would be happy to forward to you if you’d like. https://luckybones.com/
Thank you for the recommendation, that’s wonderful!
I believe Al Dente restaurant in Elmwood Park NJ is peanut-free because they have a family member who is allergic. You may want to give them a call to confirm.
Thanks for the recommendation! I will check it out.
Zadies Bakery in Fairlawn, NJ is wonderful! We’ve been getting our nut free treats there for years!
Thank you for the recommendation!
Hello Ms Wong, and thanks for the awareness you have been spreading about options for those looking for nut free possibilities. Are you still looking for nut free bakeries in FL?
Yes, if you are a customer of an awesome nut free bakery in Florida or elsewhere, please share the info and I will check it out. Thanks!
Unfortunately, Half Baked in Beverly, MA just recently closed…due to a rent hike. We are hoping she will open in another location in the future.
Sunflower Bakery in Rockville, MD is peanut free. They do use some tree nuts but are careful about segregating them. They are a kosher parve bakery so they are also dairy free. https://www.sunflowerbakery.org/
Hassis gluten free bakery is gluten and nut free in perkasie Pennsylvania.
Two places to list in Michigan that we have been fortunate enough to find in the past year — Bake Superior Bread in Ironwood, MI is peanut free (not sure about tree nuts), and Oh Mi Organics is a chocolate shop in St. Johns, MI that is gluten, dairy, peanuts, soy, sesame free.
There is also a candy store in Clio, MI called Clio Candy Co – they are peanut and tree nut free. They just changed locations, they used to be in Flushing, MI
Awesome! I will check them out!
Thanks so much for all of your suggestions! I’ve considered all of your suggestions in the comments up to today and updated the post. Feel free to add your favorite bakeries in the comments so that everyone can see your suggestions until my next update. Thanks!!
Also, in CT https://stilldelicious.com/about-still-delicious/
Still Delicious Bakery in Westbrook
Thanks so much!
thankfully got this off a post few months ago.
they ship and best tasting chocolate ever! also home made marshmallows yumm
and they have stuff safe for sunflower allergies (stuff w sunflower sep room). wish they baked besides chocolate as they cover all our kids allergies ! 🙂
dairy-free, tree nut-free, peanut-free, egg-free, gluten-free chocolate
I’m so glad you like Amanda’s Own. I think they taste great too!
We have a new favorite (AND NUT-FREE) chocolate company in Indianapolis!!! The have a tasting room and offer classes too!
SoChatti Chocolate Shop & Tasting Room
Vegan, Gluten Free, Peanut/TreeNut Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
“SoChatti is made with cacao beans, organic cane sugar and cocoa butter. That’s it!”
TASTING ROOM LOCATION
1125 E Brookside Ave Gate D2, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Oooo, chocolate! Thanks for sharing
The original Eat’n Park restaurant cookie. SmileyCookie.com ships Smiley Cookies all over the United States in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes, creating Smiles for all ages. Individually wrapped cookies for all occasions
“Certified Peanut and Tree Nut Free and baked in a nut-free facility”
Thanks for the suggestion!
Surfin’ Spoon ice cream sandwiches have become our favorite vacation treat!
They have amazing locally made ice cream sandwiches. Made in a peanut free kitchen, allergy-friendly, and organic. Please note they are peanut free only — they do use tree nuts in some of their flavors.
3408 South Va Dare Trail
Nags Head, North Carolina 27959
Fabulous, will check it out!
Oyatsupan Bakery in Beaverton, Oregon does not use peanuts or tree nuts in their food! (Although they do not outrightly advertise as nut-free.)
Moonrise donuts near Cincinnati, OH is nut-free and delicious!
We’ve been on the road again and found an amazing nut-free donut shop just outside St. Louis, Missouri! Freshest, tastiest donuts ever and the nicest people! This small business is truly a pillar in their community (and not just for those with nut allergies). It’s a busy place every morning and the line was justifiably out the door! We even bought a dozen just to take home and freeze… soooo good!
Donut King Is A Nut Free Facility
658 1st Capitol Dr
St Charles MO 63301